Bacup Borough made their longest trip up into the heart of the Cumbrian hill side, despite two goals by the Siddal brothers which seemed certain that this would bring the valley side back a well earned point, however nothing is certain in football, with literally one minute left on the clock, a failed clearance by the young Bacup defender Mallinson resulted in him being  dispossessed, despite the crowded area their striker found the slightest of a gap to get his shot off which was cruelly deflected away from keeper Peter Monteith with the ball now found itself trickling over the goal line at the far post area, this was a bitter blow for the young Bacup team to whom had gallantly put in an excellent second half performance to get back on level terms after finding themselves two goals down at the break.

The first forty five minutes was probably the worst collective performance the team had produced this season, for long periods not getting near to the opposition in order to get any such foothold into the game,  Cleator Moor got themselves an early goal which did come as a stroke of luck, when Bacup Borough’s defender Oliver Crew cleared the ball only to see his attempted clearance strike the man in front of him before rebounding back behind him finding the feet of a Cleator Moor player who could not believe his luck, he struck the ball first time into goal, if this was a bad goal to concede, their second goal was even worse, a long kick from their keeper up the pitch got the Bacup back line facing their own goal, Borough’s Ross Mallinson seemed to be in control of the situation but somehow he allowed the advancing striker to gain the advantage before finishing well to send his side into a two goal lead, Bacup surprisingly offered nothing in terms of creativity in the first forty five minutes, half time could not come quick enough.

At the break for the second game running Manager Brent Peters made a change, this time he took off Josh Walne and introduced Alex Mellor to whom played a major part in Bacup Borough’s second half revival, this was helped by a good early goal which started   with Joel Gnabouyou who did well creating space, beating his man before unselfishly finding his strike partner Kyle Siddle who made no mistake from close range, following this goal Bacup started to crank up the pressure and become the Bacup as an attacking force we have been accustomed to this season, Gnabouyou himself had a great effort just missing to make it all square, following this attack Bacup Manager Brent Peters and his Coach Dave Felgate following deliberations between themselves did end with Peters making another positive substitute, this time defender Bradley Hancock was replaced for the more forward thinking player in Ryan Siddal, again another substitute that more than played his part on introduction.

Kyle Siddle should without doubt given his side their equaliser following good work from Gnabouyou turning their centre backs before putting the ball on a plate for his strike partner who opted to place rather than shoot, agonisingly Siddals placed effort was inches wide of the post,  following this attack Joel Gnabouyou did find himself on the opposite side of the pitch where he was blatantly fouled, the referee awarded Bacup a free kick from which the bright substitute Alex Mellor did get onto the ball quickly taking a quick free kick before curling a lovely weighted left foot ball into the area where substitute Ryan Siddle had ghosted in off the left to put his side on level terms, given Bacup Borough’s second half display this goal was no more than they deserved.

The final minutes Bacup constantly pushing for the winner but equally Celtic would attempt to hit Borough on the counter attack, with only a matter of minutes remaining Alex Mellor running side by side with his marker to whom was on the ball, Mellor just lent shoulder to shoulder on the player who on contact fell to the ground, something that incensed the Bacup bench even more so when the official fell into the trap and awarded Celtic a dubious free kick, if this was dubious, following was even more dubious when Bacup defended the free kick but then played a ball off their player for a Bacup Borough throw in, but once again the Referee fell into the trap and awarded the throw to Celtic, despite the commotion and the official having to speak to the Bacup Borough bench, Bacup again defended this with the ball at the feet of defender Ross Mallinson, the game was up, the ball should have just gone long but looking for a pass as he carried the ball out of defence, the unthinkable did happen, the young defender lost the ball, the player in question took the ball and threaded it through the only place he could which was the cruelly deflected away from the unsighted keeper into the area of the post where the ball trickled over the line much to the agony of the Borough players but to the sheer delight of the Celtic players, this was certainly a cruel way to end the game, given a spirited excellent second half revival from the young valley side.