Bacup Borough’s season came to a close on Saturday with an impressive five goal victory at bottom club Atherton LR, this despite playing seventy five minutes with ten men following a fifteenth minute red card for defender Laquan Esdaille who committed what the Referee to deem as a last man foul, by this time Bacup were already three goals to the good.

The Bacup Borough Manager Brent Peters went with a 3-4-3 opting to push Captain Adrian Bellamy up front to lead the attack away from his usual centre back duties, Bellamy certainly did not let his Manager down when with just over one minute on the clock from the kick off Midfield player Milo Ogden played a forward pass up the left side of the pitch for Anthony Hall who took on his marker before finding Bellamy who made no mistake in giving his side an early lead, it did not end here when on six minutes this time Bellamy proved provider when he disposed an Atherton player before advancing forward before providing Matthew Bryan who was coming in from Bacup Borough’s right to smash the ball past the Atherton LR keeper,  on thirteen minutes it was three nil, this time good work from Josh Walne in Midfield found Adrian Bellamy who then picked out Anthony Hall who got himself half a yard on his marker before finishing.


Bacup were well and truly controlling the game but a lot of things can happen which could maybe make a difference so when on the quarter hour mark a dropping bouncing ball seemed to cause Bacup defender Laquan Esdaille a problem as he went to close the ball against an Atherton forward, the bounce deceived him resulting in catching the attacker resulting in the official awarding Atherton a free kick at the edge of the Bacup box and with it dismissing the Bacup defender so Bacup were now down to ten men, very easily this sending off could have turned the game against Bacup with over an hour still to play, but credit to the Bacup boys they not only worked hard to keep the score intact, they actually kicked on to score more goals and but for a man of the match performance from the Atherton Goal Keeper this game could easily have got to double figures has Matthew Bryan and Adrian Bellamy also had goals ruled out.


The second half got underway from which Bacup once again got the ball into the Atherton net, Bacup won a free kick deep into the heart of the Atherton half in a wide area, the ball was delivered which deceived everyone apart from Milo Ogden who was lingering at the far post to head home his first goal for the club.


Bacup Borough got their fifth goal following excellent approach play before the ball landing at the feet of Anthony Hall, has he entered their penalty area he was hit by two players before the ball ran loose which Matthew Bryan latched onto, the Referee played advantage from the foul on Hall which proved to be a good decision has Matthew Bryan finished to make the final score Atherton LR -0- Bacup Borough -5.


Bacup Team   Peter Monteith, Davison Banda, Laquan Esdaille, Reece Welsh, Milo Ogden, Jordan Wilmore, Josh Walne, Matthew Bryan, Adrian Bellamy ( Ben Rhodes)   Anthony Hall ( Louis Holding )   Sub Not Used   Kyle Brooks