Not for the first time this season have this young Bacup Borough side shown the desire to claw their way back into a game when it has looked like they were beaten, with seventy minutes on the clock Bacup were trailing 3-1 in a game that penalties at both ends were the deciding factors, Bacup got off to the worst possible start when with only one minute on the clock young Kyle Brooks in control of the ball for some inexplicable reason he opted to go back to his goal keeper, the ball had no pace on it which the Golker striker could not believe his look that he received a nice weighted pass into his path from the Bacup player which he slotted past the helpless Bacup keeper Peter Monteith, this was not the start Bacup wanted against a side that had only lost one game to date, the one saving grace was there was still eighty nine minutes to go, so plenty of time to get themselves back into the game, Bacup’s Josh Walne had a glorious opportunity to have equalised when he was through with the goal and keeper facing him but failing to compose himself he lashed at the ball which went disappointingly wide, another well worked move down Bacup Borough’s right which eventually saw the ball  come right across the goal area, had Ryan Standring made the run from the left with conviction there was a goal there for him to add, it was then down to the Bacup Borough keeper Peter Monteith to keep his side in the game with an absolute stunning save when the ball was sailing into his top right hand corner of his goal, following this effort the Bacup defence on a number of occasions were being pulled out of position which needed bodies being thrown into the line of fire blocking several attempts from the Yorkshire side, Bacup then lost the services of Alex Mellor with an injury to be replaced by Alex Luby, it was not long before Bacup got themselves back into the game when the won a free kick which was delivered with quality onto the head of Matthew Bryan who’s glancing header had their goal keeper well beaten, despite the first half being a frantic forty five minutes the scores stayed level at 1-1 at the break.

Just like the start of the first half Bacup soon found themselves behind with only five minutes on the clock at the re start Golker was gifted what looked like a really soft penalty decision, the Golker striker got in front of the Bacup defender Ross Mallinson who was forcing the striker away from goal, the ball seemed to be going out of play with the player already going to ground by an over balanced action, the Bacup defender with the slightest of touches laid his hand on the strikers back enough for the referee to award the spot kick, it seemed a really harsh decision, up stepped former Bacup Borough player Nathan Tayho to put his side 2-1 up, if this was bad, it got worse when another Golker attack resulted in Captain Laquan Esdaille made a late challenge in the box resulting in yet another penalty from which Nathan Tayho stepped up once again making it 3-1 to the hosts, with little more than fifteen minutes left Manager Brent Peters made his last substitution bringing on striker Lowis Holding who managed to pull a goal back for his team, this came as a result of a free kick which Josh Walne did take, he put the ball into the area of Lowis holding who guided the ball past the Golker keeper,  this goal gave Bacup some fresh hope and they did not disappoint with their never be beaten attitude, the equaliser came from Matthew Bryan driving into the box, he rode the first challenge but could not stay on his feet when the second challenge came in, the referee had no hesitation but to point to the spot and Matthew himself stepped up to score and with this securing his side a point when it seemed the game was lost.